Star of the Show
1965 JENSEN CV8
The car had been in single family ownership until the current owner purchased it around 11 years ago. The car whilst road legal, was in a rather tired condition, having reached over 250,000 miles without any form of major restoration or anything other than remedial work. To compete at speed week the car has had some modifications to make it safe at the speeds we are hoping to achieve.
- The original engine stroked to 8.2 litres.
- A turbocharger will be used not only to increase power but also to allow the engine to rev up to 7000 rpm.
- A 5 speed manual gearbox from a Jaguar XJ6.
- The rear axle has been replaced with a Ford unit to provide a better final drive ratio.
- The front suspension has been modified for better damping.
- The braking system has been improved for better braking.
- The battery and brake servos have been moved to the boot to avoid heat.
- Aerodynamic aids have been added to help keep the car down and straight.
- Full roll cage and fire extinguisher system.