It is with huge regret that we have to announce that we are postponing our trip to Bonneville until next year (2021).
This was not a decision taken lightly as not only were the Jensen team going but also a number of other motorcycle teams were planning on sharing the shipping.
We had a virtual meeting and the decision was unanimous that the risks involved in going this year are simply too huge.
It was interesting to hear from Bruce, one of our American colleagues, that the various states are individually controlling their quarantines. As such it is possible that we could ship the vehicles into one state but not be allowed to ship them through another.
A lot of the people concerned have already booked flights and accomodation and we are all hoping that these will be deffered until next year. Obviously this is out of our hands so we will wait to hear from the other organisations involved.
Now that the decision has been made everyone concerned can make their own plans. None of the teams or team members have dropped out and we intend to carry on full steam ahead with our new race date of August 2021.
The development of the car will continue and the extra time now available to us will allow us to explore areas where we can perhaps look at going faster.
As we’re sure you can imagine we are all dreadfully disappointed with this situation, but we will continue and we will be racing next year.